Employees of the Quarter and Year
Nominations are solicited and accepted for the University of Arkansas Employee of the Quarter award. Faculty and staff of the UA - Fayetteville campus are encouraged to nominate staff employees in recognition of outstanding service to the University. All regularly appointed staff are eligible for nomination. Nominees must have been employed by the U of A for at least one year. You can download a nomination form, or request a nomination form, by contacting Mary Skinner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each quarter, five outstanding University of Arkansas employees (classified or non-classified) are nominated and selected for Employee of the Quarter. Each employee represents one of these five categories:
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Administrative
- Category I: Professional/Non-faculty - Academic
- Category II: Secretarial/Clerical
- Category III: Technical/Paraprofessional
- Category IV: Skilled Crafts/Service/Maintenance
The following deadlines have been established for submission of Employee of the Quarter nominations:
- Employee of the First Quarter (July, August and September): Due October 15
- Employee of the Second Quarter (October, November and December): Due January 15
- Employee of the Third Quarter (January, February and March): Due April 15
- Employee of the Fourth Quarter (April, May and June): Due July 15
Who can be nominated?
- Any staff member, classified or non-classified, may be nominated if he or she has been employed at the University of Arkansas for at least one year.
- Self-nomination is not accepted or recognized. The employee must be nominated by a peer, co-worker, or supervisor.
- Any employee who has been selected as Employee of the Quarter within the last three years is not eligible.
- Employees may be nominated by a peer, co-worker, or supervisor. Nominations are submitted to the Employee of the Quarter Committee Chair.
- Complete the Employee of the Quarter Nomination form.
(Download form) *You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
- You may prepare a memo, limited to two pages, on your department's letterhead.
- Mail or fax to your nomination form or memo to : Mary Skinner, email@example.com, ARKU A665, or fax the form to 479-575-4844.
When are nominations due?
- 1st Quarter Nominations (July-September) Due October 15
- 2nd Quarter Nominations (October-December) Due January 15
- 3rd Quarter Nominations (January-March) Due April 15
- 4th Quarter Nominations (April-June) Due July 15
Who is on the selection committee?
This committee is comprised of the Chair and Facilitator, both non-voting members from Staff Senate and the previous year's Employees of the Year (voting members).
Announcement of Winners
The Chair of the Employee of the Quarter Selection Committee notifies the winner's supervisor of the selection. The winners and their supervisors are invited to attend the next Staff Senate meeting and are presented with their certificate and cash award. The winners are announced via the Staff Senate listserv and Daily Headlines.
Employee of the Year
The winners in each category in each quarter are also nominated for the Employee of the Year.