The Staff Senate Scholarships — including the Barbara G. Taylor Staff Senate Scholarship, the Rick A. Haley Memorial Scholarship and the Susan Imes Yell Scholarship — are available to degree-seeking University of Arkansas staff members. These scholarships are offered for the fall and/or spring semesters with up to $250 awarded per semester. The number of scholarships and amount awarded per recipient is determined by the Staff Senate and dependent on funds available.
To promote and encourage staff development through higher education in undergraduate and graduate studies.
Applicant must be a staff member eligible to receive the tuition waiver employment benefit as defined in Fayetteville Policies and Procedures 512.0 at the start of the semester that the scholarship award would be applied.
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, applicants must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to receive the award
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the fall semester in order to continue the scholarship for the spring semester
- Be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours of coursework per semester
- Express a desire to contribute to the University through further educational endeavors
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance in the pursuit of further education
- Provide two references by submitting two Recommendation Forms and
- Finalists may be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee
Full-year scholarship applications are due by 5 p.m. on the first Friday of June and will award funding for both fall and spring semesters. The application deadline for spring semester scholarships is 5 p.m. on the last Friday of November.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. The Scholarship Committee will determine the recipients of these scholarships. If the recipient of the scholarship is no longer an employee, no longer a student, or does not meet the grade-point average requirements, the scholarship will be rescinded. Once the recipient of the scholarship is determined, the scholarship process will be as follows:
- The recipient will be notified.
- The Staff Senate, Chancellor, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the media, the recipient’s immediate supervisor, dean, direct, and/or department head will be notified.
- The recipient will be recognized at the Employee Recognition Banquet.
Support Staff Senate Scholarships
The University of Arkansas has made it simple for individuals to donate to the Staff Senate Endowed Scholarship Fund.
To donate, please visit Online Giving. Donors may make the gift in memory or honor of someone. There also are optional sections for the honored party to be notified of the gift and for donors to provide additional information about the gift.
Donations via check can be made out to The University of Arkansas Foundation with "Staff Senate Endowed Scholarship" in the memo line.
Please send to:
Office of Gift Administration, ADMN 210
1125 W. Maple St.
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
The Staff Senate Endowed Scholarship Fund is awarded to staff who are pursuing undergraduate, graduate, or certificate level education while being employed at the University of Arkansas.