Scholarships and Awards
Staff Senate Scholarships
The Staff Senate Scholarship, including the Barbara G. Taylor Staff Senate Scholarship, the Rick A. Haley Memorial Scholarship and the Susan Imes Yell Scholarship are available to degree-seeking University of Arkansas staff members. These scholarships are offered for the fall and/or spring semesters with up to $250.00 awarded per semester. The number of scholarships and amount awarded per recipient is determined by the Staff Senate and dependent on funds available.
To promote and encourage staff development through higher education in undergraduate and graduate studies.
Applicant must be a staff member eligible to receive the tuition waiver employment benefit as defined in Fayetteville Policies and Procedures 512.0 at the start of the semester that the scholarship award would be applied.
In addition to the above eligibility requirements, applicants must:
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to receive the award;
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the fall semester in order to continue the scholarship for the spring semester;
- Be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours of coursework per semester;
- Express a desire to contribute to the University through further educational endeavors;
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance in the pursuit of further education;
- Provide two references by submitting two Recommendation Forms; and
- Finalists may be interviewed by the members of the Scholarship Committee.
Application materials are due by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 30, 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. The Scholarship Committee will determine the recipient(s) of these scholarships. If the recipient of the scholarship is no longer an employee, no longer a student, or does not meet the GPA requirements, the scholarship will be rescinded.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com
The scholarship(s) will be awarded for the Spring 2021 semester only. Once the recipient of the scholarship is determined, the scholarship process will be as follows:
The recipient will be notified.
The Staff Senate, Chancellor, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the media, the recipient’s immediate supervisor, dean, direct, and/or department head will be notified.
The recipient will be recognized at the Employee Recognition Banquet.